What a way to wake up!
As the weather gets chillier and the holiday season creeps up on us, pumpkin cravings make their annual debut. Here at Skinny Ms., we’re shining the spotlight on these warm, seasonal Pumpkin Raisin Muffins. If you’re watching your waistline, you may have mentally banned rich, carb-laden treats like muffins from your menu.
This pumpkin muffin recipe serves as an excellent exception to any dieter’s rules. It uses nothing but clean, nutritious ingredients like pumpkin puree and honey, and contains no artificial ingredients or refined sugars. The pumpkin pie spice adds a savory kick, while the plump raisins offer chewy sweetness. These moist muffins will make your mouth water with their spiced seasonal flavor. They also freeze well!
Pumpkin Raisin Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree canned
- 1/3 cup coconut oil optional canola oil
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray OR place in muffin liners. Stir together all dry ingredients in one bowl until completely combined.
- Stir together all wet ingredients in a bowl until completely combined, and then fold in the raisins.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until they have risen and a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What recipes would you like to see get a Skinny Ms. makeover? Let us know! We’d love to hear from you.