Are you craving something a little sweet, satisfying and won’t be hard on your waistline? This sweet tasty recipe is just what you need to start your day off right!
Yield: 1 serving | Serving Size: 2 slices |Calories: 341 | Total Fat: 16.4 g | Saturated Fat: 13.1 g | Trans Fat: 0.5 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 398 mg | Carbohydrates: 35.4 g | Dietary Fiber: 6.0 g | Sugars: 11.1 g | Protein: 16.2 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp pure canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar or 1 Packet of Stevia
- In a shallow bowl, mix egg whites, milk, pumpkin, sugar, and spice.
- Soak bread slices for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Heat a greased skillet and cook on medium-high heat until browned on both sides.
- Plate and serve! Top with your favorite toppings. (fruit, nut butters, etc.)