Are you craving something a little sweet, satisfying and won’t be hard on your waistline? This sweet tasty recipe is just what you need to start your day off right!
This recipe was shared courtesy of Paola, of Sol de Luna: a blog devoted to healthy eats and loving life.
Yield: 1 serving | Serving Size: 2 slices |Calories: 341 | Total Fat: 16.4 g | Saturated Fat: 13.1 g | Trans Fat: 0.5 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 398 mg | Carbohydrates: 35.4 g | Dietary Fiber: 6.0 g | Sugars: 11.1 g | Protein: 16.2 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp pure canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar or 1 Packet of Stevia
- In a shallow bowl, mix egg whites, milk, pumpkin, sugar, and spice.
- Soak bread slices for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Heat a greased skillet and cook on medium-high heat until browned on both sides.
- Plate and serve! Top with your favorite toppings. (fruit, nut butters, etc.)