Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin! Everywhere you go, people are celebrating pumpkins as fall’s iconic fruit. If you’re looking for a recipe that uses pumpkin in a new and different way, try this Pumpkin Trifle recipe.
We recommed making our recipe for Molasses and Honey Oatmeal Cookies for this delicious Pumpkin Trifle. Once the cookies cool off, chop them into chunks and layer them with a spiced pumpkin puree mixture and Greek yogurt. Since this is a SkinnyMs. recipe, it only uses honey and coconut sugar to sweeten, making it both light and flavorful.
Once you try it, you’ll want this Pumpkin Trifle on your next dinner party menu or at your holiday gathering as a healthy dessert option!
Yields: 12 servings | Calories: 259 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 101mg | Carbohydrates: 39g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Protein: 8g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 12 Oatmeal Cookes (we used our healthy Oatmeal Cookie recipe)
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 cups vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Chop cookies into large chunks.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients except for vanilla Greek yogurt.
- In a large, clear bowl or trifle dish, layer cookies, followed by pumpkin mix, and top with vanilla Greek yogurt. Repeat process until no ingredients remain or bowl is full. The top layer should be vanilla yogurt. Sprinkle top with cinnamon, if desired.
What are some of your favorite healthy dessert options? Share your recipes in the comments!
Get cookin’ the healthy, tasty way—subscribe to our newsletter for access to our latest clean-eating recipes.