Seafood entrees are a snap!
Seafood dishes are some of the easiest and quickest dishes to prepare and cook. In no time, serve a perfectly healthy meal that the whole family can enjoy. For this dish, we used sole, a whole white flat fish (use similar types of white fish as substitutes) served with chickpeas cooked with tomatoes and sage. Such simple fare doesn’t require any special cooking skills and can be yours in under a half hour. We believe in simple and healthy living, so try out this recipe and discover for yourself that good food takes less time and effort than you may think.
Quick Fish with Chickpeas, Tomatoes, and Sage
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 4 sage leaves fresh
- 15 ounces chickpeas can, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup water
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 flat white fish cleaned (like sole, halibut, or flounder)
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, sautè the onion for about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sage. Sautè for another 3 minutes. Add the chickpeas and the water. Cook for 10 minutes or until they are tender. Season with salt & pepper. Turn off the heat and cover to keep warm.
- In the meantime, while cooking the chickpeas, cook the fish. Rub the fish with a little bit of salt & pepper. Over medium to high heat, in another saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, brown both sides of the fish. When they are cooked, transfer them to a plate with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- To serve, transfer the chickpeas to the serving plate. Put the fish on top and pour the sauce on top of the fish. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You might also like these other great healthy recipes:
Creamy Kale Potato Salad Chicken, Spinach, and Corn Sauté
Roasted Eggplant and Quinoa Salad
6 Ways to Eat Healthy on a Tight Budget
Spinach Pear Walnut Salad
Prickly Pear Salad with Pomegranate Syrup
Always get the latest from Skinny Ms. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter. Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources. Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.