Seafood dishes are some of the easiest and quickest dishes to prepare and cook. In no time, serve a perfectly healthy meal that the whole family can enjoy. For this dish, we used sole, a whole white flat fish (use similar types of white fish as substitutes) served with chickpeas cooked with tomatoes and sage. Such simple fare doesn’t require any special cooking skills and can be yours in under a half hour. We believe in simple and healthy living, so try out this recipe and discover for yourself that good food takes less time and effort than you may think.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 307 | Total Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 59 mg | Sodium: 330 mg | Carbohydrates: 22 g | Dietary Fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 23 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup water
- Kosher or Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 flat white fish, cleaned (like sole, halibut, flounder)
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, sautè the onion for about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sage. Sautè for another 3 minutes. Add the chickpeas and the water. Cook for 10 minutes or until the they are tender. Season with salt & pepper. Turn off the heat and cover to keep warm.
- In the meantime, while cooking the chickpeas, cook the fish. Rub the fish with a little bit of salt & pepper. Over medium to high heat, in another saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, brown both sides of the fish. When they are cooked, transfer them to a plate with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- To serve, transfer the chickpeas to the serving plate. Put the fish on top the pour the sauce on top of the fish. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
You might also like these other great healthy recipes:
Always get the latest from SkinnyMs. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter. Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources. Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.