Perk up your plate with sweet prickly pears!
Prickly pears take the limelight in this simple salad that’s perfect when summer’s heat soaks our kitchens! Refreshing, colorful and just delicious, this egg-shaped fruit that come in three different vibrant colors of green, orange and red can make any plate look gorgeous. The ingredient list may be short, but you’ll enjoy every bite in this salad. Not familiar with prickly pears, also know as cactus fruit? Check out the video below for more information.
Prickly Pear Video
Prickly Pear Salad with Pomegranate Syrup
- 4 prickly pears
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice freshly squeezed, optional lemon juice
- mint leaves fresh
- Peel and slice the prickly pears. Place them in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan mix the pomegranate juice, honey, and lime juice. Cook over medium-low heat until reduced to a syrup. Allow to cool then pour over the prickly pears. Leave for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Transfer the prickly pears to a serving plate. Garnish with the fresh mint.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you liked this dish, then you might like these other recipes too:
Don’t miss out on the latest from Skinny Ms. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.