Take your Mexican night up a notch!
In a world of processed, pre-made meals that you can grab off the supermarket shelf and have ready in ten minutes, it’s easy to forget you can make a dinner with fresh, healthy ingredients in the same amount of time! For our Quick One-Skillet Taco Turkey and rice, all you need is one dish and six ingredients to make a delicious and low-fat dinner. Take your Mexican night up a notch!
No need for taco shells or carb-loaded wraps when you can get the same flavor and fewer calories in a rice bowl. Skip the microwave dinners and put this nutritious meal together in no time.
Quick One-Skillet Taco Turkey and Rice
- 1 pound lean ground turkey 93% lean
- 15 ounces black beans can, drained
- 2 cups salsa no sugar added
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 cups long-grain brown rice cooked (cook according to package)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese low-fat, shredded
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook ground turkey until cooked through, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add beans, salsa, spices, and cooked rice. Allow to simmer until the mixture is hot and thickens slightly. Add cheese and allow to melt. Serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave a comment in the section below.