Meaty mushrooms are stuffed with nutty quinoa- downright delectable!
Everyone should have a recipe on hand for a quick dinner that’s healthy and tastes delicious. Quinoa Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms is a perfect ending to a long and hectic day.
Quinoa Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup quinoa dry, pre-rinsed
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 portobello mushrooms large, caps removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 cup tomatoes vine-ripe, diced
- 1/2 cup whole-grain bread crumbs recipe for bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup basil freshly chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese fat-free
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add quinoa and water to a medium pot, cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low-boil and cook until quinoa has absorbed most of the water, approximately 12-15 minutes. Turn off heat and leave quinoa on the burner for 5 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, place mushrooms gill (open side) up on a cookie sheet. Brush mushrooms with olive oil and evenly drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Season with salt to taste. Cook mushrooms 10 minutes. Drain excess liquid from mushrooms.
- In the meantime, in a medium mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa, black pepper, red pepper flakes, salt to taste, tomatoes, bread crumbs, basil and feta cheese.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms