Combine goat cheese with watermelon for summer bliss!
You may not think to combine watermelon with goat cheese, but they make the ultimate duo! In the summer months, watermelon provides a refreshing bite on a hot day. The addition of goat cheese brings sophistication to the snack, but with fewer calories and fat than ordinary cheese. Try this unexpected combo this weekend!
Goat Cheese-Stuffed Watermelon Squares
- 3 1/4 pounds watermelon rind removed, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 basil leaves large, fresh, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds shaved, garnish
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts toasted
- Using a small melon baller, scoop out the top of each watermelon block. Divide Goat cheese among melon hollows. Top each block with basil, pine nuts and almonds.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms