You may not think to combine watermelon with goat cheese, but they make the ultimate duo! In the summer months, watermelon provides a refreshing bite on a hot day. The addition of goat cheese brings sophistication to the snack, but with fewer calories and fat than ordinary cheese. Try this unexpected combo this weekend!
Goat Cheese-Stuffed Watermelon Squares
- 3 1/4 pounds watermelon rind removed, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 basil leaves large, fresh, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds shaved, garnish
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts toasted
- Using a small melon baller, scoop out the top of each watermelon block. Divide Goat cheese among melon hollows. Top each block with basil, pine nuts and almonds.