You may not think to combine watermelon with goat cheese, but they make the ultimate duo! In the summer months, watermelon provides a refreshing bite on a hot day. The addition of goat cheese brings sophistication to the snack, but with fewer calories and fat than ordinary cheese. Try this unexpected combo this weekend!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 176 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 11 mg | Sodium: 76 mg | Carbohydrates: 21 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 16 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 3 1/4 pounds watermelon, rind removed, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 large fresh basil leaves, very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup shaved almonds (garnish)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (toasted)
- Using a small melon baller, scoop out the top of each watermelon block. Divide Goat cheese among melon hollows. Top each block with basil, pine nuts and almonds.