This salad would make a very colorful and refreshing addition to any holiday spread!
This Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese is perfect for a fall or winter salad option for holiday get-togethers! Beets give this salad an earthy sweetness that is complemented well by the salty pop from the goat cheese, citrus zing from the orange zest, and acidity of the balsamic vinegar. Arugula is a little on the bitter side, so you could substitute with baby spinach if you want a milder green for your salad base. You could also add a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts for added flavor and crunch.
This salad would make a very colorful and refreshing addition to any holiday spread! It would even work well for a weekday light lunch topped with grilled chicken breast!
Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese
- 2 red beets cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 golden beets cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup goat cheese low-fat, soft, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss beets in olive oil and spread on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring often, until soft. Remove from oven, sprinkle with orange zest and cool.
- In a small saucepot on medium heat, bring balsamic vinegar and honey to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes, remove from heat, and cool.
- Toss cooled beets with arugula and divide onto serving dishes. Drizzle with balsamic honey mix and sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more scrumptious recipes and healthy lifestyle tips, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and subscribe to our newsletter.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.