This is the perfect yummy snack to hold you over until your next meal!
It’s time to switch up your snacks with our roasted Cajun chickpea recipe. Simple to make and easy to store, this high fiber snack will fill you up for hours! This chickpea snack is made with only four simple ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free, too! Roast them up today for a delicious snack all week!
I’m always looking for new and delicious snacks to add to my routine. Luckily, these roasted Cajun chickpeas are just what I was looking for! With their awesome spicy flavor and crispy texture, these chickpeas fit perfectly between meals to tide you over. They’re also packed with fiber and high in protein, which is the key to a filling, energizing snack. Pair it with some veggies or a piece of fruit to hit all of your nutrient needs at snacktime.
Try Some Other Flavor Swaps
This recipe is delicious with Cajun seasoning, but you can always switch up the seasoning! Whether you’re in a pinch or just want to try something new, check out some of these other ideas:
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar Roasted Chickpeas – Use half a teaspoon of cinnamon and one tablespoon of brown sugar
- Honey Roasted Chickpeas
- Garlic and Herb Chickpeas – Toss with one teaspoon of garlic salt and one teaspoon of mixed herbs
- Rosemary Roasted Chickpeas – Use one teaspoon of dried rosemary
- Simple Salt and Pepper – Swap in one teaspoon of salt and one teaspoon of ground black pepper
How to Make Roasted Cajun Chickpeas
You’re three steps away from enjoying this spicy snack! Start by preheating your to oven to 400 degrees. Make sure your chickpeas have been drained, rinsed, and thoroughly dried by laying them between paper towels or dishclothes, then transfer them to a bowl. Toss the chickpeas with the olive oil and Cajun seasoning. Feel free to add more cajun seasoning here if you like it extra flavorful. Spread them evenly over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 20 to 30 minutes, until crispy, tossing halfway through. Make sure they’re not soft at all before removing. You’ll want them to be nice and crispy! Let them cool before serving or storing and enjoy!
Roasted Cajun Chickpeas
- 15 ounces chickpeas canned, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning more if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss chickpeas with oil and Cajun seasoning
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, until crispy, tossing halfway through.
- Let cool before serving or storing
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think of this Roasted Cajun Chickpea recipe? Be sure to let us know in the comment section!
Be sure to subscribe to our eNewsletter, like our Facebook page, and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, healthy eating tips, and more!