Just a handful ingredients and you've got a creamy, nutritious soup.
After indulging in a few too many takeout lunches or pre-packaged dinners, many of us may be suffering from a load of refined and processed ingredients that inhibit our bodies’ abilities to perform at their peak. But a delicious, clean eating soup filled with veggies can be just the right medicine. These types of soup recipes have a detox effect on the body, helping us to rid our bodies of unwanted toxins and load up on quality ingredients.
Some cruciferous vegetables, like cauliflowers, have high amounts of antioxidant nutrients that help to provide a detoxifying effect. Cauliflower is not only high in antioxidants which fight cancer, keep your heart healthy, and boost your immune system, but it is one of the most fiber-rich veggies you can enjoy. Fiber is an excellent way to aid in a detox, and cauliflowers are brimming with it. Onion and rosemary provide beautiful flavor without excess calories, letting cauliflower take the spotlight in this detoxifying and delicious soup recipe.
This soup is astonishingly easy to prepare. Simply roast your cauliflower with a bit of salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Then combine your cauliflower with the rest of your ingredients in a pot, simmer, and blend with your immersion blender. We recommend purchasing an immersion blender if you don’t have one already. They are essential for well-blended soups and sauces, and so easy to use. You can find an inexpensive one easily, and start making deliciously creamy soups in no time!
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 14 ounces cauliflower head small, florets separated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion medium, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk roughly chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary fresh, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water to water it down
- Preheat oven to 395 degrees F.
- On a baking pan lined with parchment paper, scatter the cauliflower. Sprinkle with salt & pepper then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, over medium heat, sautè the onions and celery in a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the roasted cauliflower then toss for about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and rosemary and cook for another 15 minutes.
- With the immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy in the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper then cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve in mugs then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More skinny soup ideas:
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.