Start your day with a three delicious superfoods!
When you start your day with superfoods including sweet potatoes, eggs and avocados, you get a power pack of nutrients. These ingredients are rich in protein, vitamins A and C, calcium, potassium, iron, oleic acid, and carotenoids. You’ll also enjoy the sweetness of the potatoes roasted with fresh rosemary and a dollop of extra virgin olive oil. Accompany them with poached eggs and thin slices of fresh avocado and your morning begins with a wholesome start!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Poached Eggs, & Avocado
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 4 rosemary twigs fresh, needles only
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Preheat oven to 395 degrees F.
- In a large baking pan, mix the sweet potatoes, rosemary, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In the middle rack of the oven, bake the sweet potatoes for 30 minutes or until they are toasted.
- Meanwhile, while baking, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. When the water boils, add the vinegar then poach the eggs between 4 - 6 minutes, depending on how cooked you want them.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes, eggs and avocados in the serving plate.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you liked this recipe, you will love our other fantastic sweet potato recipes:
Have you heard of our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection e-cookbook? It’s a treasure of 101 most popular fan recipes that we took note of and compiled in one book. Have a look!