We know that holiday meal planning can be stressful. Not only are you looking for ways to entertain and create plenty of delicious foods for large groups of people, you also want to keep things as healthy as possible. This means canned and boxed foods are not an option, even if they are faster and more convenient.
This slow cooker recipe for healthy savory sweet potatoes is a great way to provide a tasty dish without a lot of effort. Slow cooker foods can make your holiday meal planning a breeze!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe, approximately 2/3 cup | Calories: 234 | Total Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 21 mg | Sodium: 10 mg | Carbohydrates: 28 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 18 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints (Update): 10
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, optional butter
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled or scrubbed well and peel-on if organic and diced into 1" cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add extra-virgin olive oil to the slow cooker and preheat to high while preparing potatoes and garlic. Add potatoes and all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, toss to combine.
- Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours. We recommend using a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites. How do you make the holidays healthier? We’d love to read about it. Leave us a comment below!