Dish up this mouthwatering crowd-pleaser at your next holiday gathering!
We know that holiday meal planning can be stressful. Not only are you looking for ways to entertain and create plenty of delicious foods for large groups of people, but you also want to keep things as healthy as possible. This means canned and boxed foods are not an option, even if they are faster and more convenient. When looking for healthy holiday meals, we like to let fresh, seasonal flavors shine. That’s why we love healthy slow cooker sweet potato recipes—they’re simple, flavorful, and very cozy for the holidays.
How to Keep Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Recipes Healthy
Want to know how to keep your slow cooker sweet potato recipes healthy and simple? This slow cooker recipe for healthy, savory sweet potatoes is a great way to provide a tasty dish without a lot of effort or added calories. Slow cooker foods can make your holiday meal planning a breeze!
The secret to keeping slow cooker sweet potato recipes healthy is to let the natural sweetness of the potatoes shine. There’s no need to add excessive amounts of corn syrup or brown sugar—a little sprinkle of coconut palm sugar and some spices will help bring out the sweet potatoes’ natural sweetness and enhance their subtle, cozy flavors without masking them.
Healthy Sweet & Savory Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Slow Cooker Sweet & Savory Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or optional butter)
- 2 sweet potatoes large, peeled or scrubbed well with the peel on (if organic) and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add extra-virgin olive oil to the slow cooker and preheat to high while preparing potatoes and garlic. Add potatoes and all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours. We recommend using a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
It’s easy to keep slow cooker sweet potato recipes healthy. When cooked, sweet potatoes are naturally sweet and creamy, which means you really don’t need to add much to make them shine. Make this cozy, healthy holiday recipe for your next gathering with friends or family—we guarantee even the pickiest eaters will love it!
Enjoyed this post? Read more:
- Our Favorite 5 Ingredient or Less Crock Pot Recipes
- 7 Breakfasts You Can Make in the Crock Pot
- Stay Healthy Slow Cooker Brown Rice and Chicken
- Slow Cooker Hearty White Bean Stew Recipe
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites. Have you made this slow cooker sweet potato recipe? How do you make the holidays healthier? We’d love to read about it. Leave us a comment below!