With stunning presentation and remarkable nutritional profile, this dish is a real winner!
For an elegant side dish brimming with nutrients, look no further than this recipe for Sautéed Beets and Greens! This gorgeous dish makes use of the entire beet, from its sweet red flesh to its vitamin-rich stems. When it comes to treating your body to a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals, this recipe delivers! The leafy green tops of beets contain flavonoids with antioxidant and anti-cancer properties as well as high amounts of vitamin K, E, and C. Meanwhile, the beet itself also carries a bunch of nutrients that boost the immune system, along with detoxifying properties and nitrates that increase your endurance and energy levels.
All health benefits aside, this dish makes eating veggies a magically mouthwatering experience. The natural bitterness of the greens perfectly balances the sweetness of the beets.
If you’re searching for an impressive side dish to star in your next dinner party, this easy recipe has you covered! It also serves as a lovely accompaniment to chicken and pork-based entrees. With stunning presentation and remarkable nutritional profile, Sautéed Beets and Greens are a real winner!
Sauteéd Beets & Greens
- 1 bunch beet greens rinsed (about 2 cups packed chopped greens)
- 1 beet medium, peeled, red or gold will work
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Remove tough center stems from greens and coarsely chop.
- Using the larger holes on a grater, shred the beet.
- In a large skillet, add oil and turn to medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, toss to combine, and continue cooking until greens are wilted, about 3 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We love hearing from our readers. Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave a comment in the section below.