You'll love this hearty, but healthy, breakfast option.
Most of us are probably used to traditionally sweet oatmeal, but trust us, savory oatmeal is worth a try! Our Savory Turkey Bacon Oatmeal combines turkey bacon, low-fat cheese, chives, and of course, oatmeal in this savory, high-protein breakfast dish. There’s plenty of fiber from the oatmeal also to keep you satisfied all morning long!
You can make this turkey bacon oatmeal ahead of time and reheat it throughout the week, or add it to a weekend brunch menu with your favorite eggs. You could even try it with turkey breakfast sausage to change it up a bit!
Savory Turkey Bacon Oatmeal
- 3 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup steel-cut oats dry
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese low-fat, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons chives diced
- 6 strips turkey bacon nitrate-free, chopped and cooked crisp
- In a saucepot, bring broth and milk to a boil. Add oats and salt, continue to boil for a minute and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes until oats are soft and liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheddar and Parmesan until incorporated throughout and melted.
- Ladle into serving bowls. Top with chives and bacon. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite non-traditional breakfast dish? Let us know in the comments!