A guaranteed hit at dinnertime!
If you’re a pasta fan, spruce up the dish with some flavor-enhancing, uber nutritious ingredients like shrimp and spinach! When you eat pasta by itself, you’re diving into a bowl of carbohydrates. That’s not always a bad thing. Carbs boost your energy levels and come in handy before a tough workout. However, if you want to crank up the nutritional value in your scrumptious bowl of noodles, you can’t go wrong with some protein and vitamin-rich leafy greens.
Plump shrimp offers chewy, protein-packed texture that tastes amazing when paired with flavorful garlic. Spinach leaves are cooked until wilted, delivering a silky texture that simply melts in your mouth. Equally delicious with noodles, this shrimp and spinach pasta is simple, tasty, and a guaranteed hit at dinnertime!
Shrimp and Spinach Pasta
- 10 ounces whole-grain fettuccine noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound shrimp raw, shelled and deveined
- 2 cups baby spinach loosely packed
- 3 cups marinara no sugar added
- Boil pasta according to package directions, until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Add olive oil and garlic to a large skillet and cook over medium-low heat for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add shrimp and spinach and cook for 3-5 minutes, until shrimp is pink and spinach is wilted. Stir in marinara and cooked noodles, toss to combine. Increase heat to medium and cook for 1-2 minutes, until heated through.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love the recipe? Let us know! We need your feedback. Leave a comment about this article or anything else on the site.