Everyone loves taco night, and these shrimp tacos are fun, satisfying, and a little unique. This recipe provides excellent sources of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. Big flavor and major health benefits are rolled into these tasty tacos. They’re just what the doctor ordered!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving size: 1 taco with coleslaw | Calories: 284 | Total Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 95 mg | Sodium: 621 mg | Carbohydrates: 29 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 12 g | Protein: 13 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 batch of our Sweet and Tangy Coleslaw or other coleslaw of choice
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, cumin, paprika, and red pepper in a small bowl. Combine shrimp and spice mixture in a zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from bag; discard marinade.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle shrimp with 1/8-teaspoon salt.
- Arrange half of shrimp in pan; grill 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp.
- Place shrimp evenly in warm tortillas and the coleslaw.