Need a little healthy crunch in your life?
Need a little healthy crunch in your life? Try our Skinny Bell Pepper Chips! They are a cinch to make, and so much healthier for you than corn or potato chips. With just a few ingredients and some oven time, you can get that same satisfying crunch without all the fat and calories. We recommend making a large batch at once, so you can store them in an airtight container for later use. You can even use them as topping for soup or salad, or in place of crackers and chips for dipping in Roasted Garlic Hummus, Weight Watchers Everything Dip, or any of your other favorite dips!
Skinny Bell Pepper Chips
- 2 red bell peppers medium, remove seeds, membrane, and core
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Slice peppers into 1/4-inch strips and combine with honey, coconut oil, and salt.
- Place bell pepper strips on dehydrator shelves, ensuring they aren't touching. Turn dehydrator to 125 F, and dehydrate 24 hours or until crispy and able to snap in half. Allow chips to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Place pepper strips on a large nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet, ensure they aren't touching. Place baking sheet on the middle oven rack, leave the oven door slightly ajar, Dehydrate until crispy and able to snap in half, about 8 -10 hours. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think of this recipe? Let us know in the comments!