Our roasted garlic hummus recipe is sure to add pep to your palate with every bite.
When you’re looking for a healthy, yet satisfying, snack option, it doesn’t get much better than a bowl of hummus paired with a plate of your favorite fresh-cut vegetables. With chickpeas and olive oil as two of its signature ingredients, a serving of hummus offers up the protein and healthy fat you need to feel satisfied and energized until your next meal.
Our roasted garlic hummus recipe is sure to add pep to your palate with every bite, and with a whole head of garlic, you can rest comfortably knowing that it’ll even keep the vampires away!
Serve this Mediterranean staple with fresh vegetables, enjoy it with whole wheat pita chips, or spread it on your favorite healthy bread to add flavor to your next sandwich.
Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 whole garlic head
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ounces chickpeas can, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the top of the head of garlic so that the tops of each raw clove are exposed. Drizzle the exposed top with a teaspoon or two of the extra virgin olive. Wrap the whole head of garlic in aluminum foil. Place on a small baking sheet or in a small dish and roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Garlic cloves should be very soft and fragrant.
- Add the chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt to a food processor or blender. Add the roasted garlic by squeezing the soft flesh from the papery shells into the blender. Once all of the garlic is added, being careful not to get any of the papery skins into the ingredients, puree on high.
- If a thinner hummus is wanted, add a touch of water at a time and continue to puree until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Place in a bowl for serving. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms