We can’t think of anything more comforting on a chilly autumn morning than a cup of steamy chai tea. The rich aromas of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom just have a way of warming your soul! We’ve found a way to capture that experience in a soft and delicious cookie. This skinny cookie recipe is full of sweetness and spice, and it pairs perfectly with your morning cup of coffee or tea. It can also become a healthy snack when you’re craving something with just a touch of sweetness!
Chai cookies are sure to become a fall favorite for years to come!
Yields: 2 dozen cookies | Serving Size: 2 cookies | Calories:185 | Total Fat:8.9 g | Saturated Fat: 6.5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 24 mg | Sodium: 494 mg | Carbohydrates: 24.1 g | Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g | Sugars: 9.1 g | Protein: 2.4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8 |
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, solid state
- 1 cup sucanat
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, coconut oil, and sucanat. Cream the ingredients together with a fork or hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Next, add the cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, allspice, black pepper, and baking powder. Mix until well combined. Finally add the flour 1/2 cup at a time and mix until completely incorporated.
- Cover mixture with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove chilled dough from refrigerator and begin to roll dough into balls. (Each ball of dough will be approximately 2 teaspoons).
- Place balls of dough on the baking sheet and gently flatten with a fork. Sprinkle with additional sucanat if desired.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before serving.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite breakfast dish from SkinnyMs.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.