Your favorite chai tea flavors packed into a tasty cookie
We can’t think of anything more comforting on a chilly autumn morning than a cup of steamy chai tea. The rich aromas of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom just have a way of warming your soul! We’ve found a way to capture that experience in a soft and delicious cookie. This skinny cookie recipe is full of sweetness and spice, and it pairs perfectly with your morning cup of coffee or tea. It can also become a healthy snack when you’re craving something with just a touch of sweetness!
Chai cookies are sure to become a fall favorite for years to come!
Skinny Chai Cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil solid state
- 1 cup sucanat
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, coconut oil, and sucanat. Cream the ingredients together with a fork or hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Next, add the cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, allspice, black pepper, and baking powder. Mix until well combined. Finally, add the flour 1/2 cup at a time and mix until completely incorporated.
- Cover mixture with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove chilled dough from the refrigerator and begin to roll dough into balls. (Each ball of dough will be approximately 2 teaspoons).
- Place balls of dough on the baking sheet and gently flatten with a fork. Sprinkle with additional sucanat if desired.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite breakfast dish from Skinny Ms.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.