Baked, not fried!
Here’s a recipe that will please both parents and kids, alike! Our Skinny Chicken Nuggets offer so much more than their greasy cardboard tasting “cousins”. These tasty treats are baked, not fried, and are made of only 100% whole fresh ingredients. These tasty treats are baked, not fried, and are made of only clean eating ingredients, so they won’t pump your body full of harmful preservatives and fat. Plus, we’ve used the perfect combination of spices, so they taste amazing, too! We guarantee that you’ll never eat another processed and frozen chicken nugget again.
Skinny Chicken Nuggets are perfect for entertaining. Serve them with some of our Skinny Ms. Barbecue Sauce or Homemade Ketchup.
Looking for other nutritious and delicious recipes that your kids will love? Try our:
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
Turkey Sloppy Joes
Skinny Chicken Taquitos
Skinny Chicken Nuggets
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs whole wheat can be found at any whole foods type supermarket and most organic sections of your local grocery
- 1 egg white large, lightly whipped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl add egg white and chicken cubes, toss to coat. Add seasonings to chicken along with Panko bread crumbs, coat well. It may be necessary to press crumbs onto chicken pieces. Place chicken coated pieces on a non-stick cookies sheet, drizzle with oil or use an oil sprayer if available. Cook 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Have you tried our Skinny Chicken Nuggets? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.
How many ounces are the chicken breasts? This could really vary. It would be helpful to list the total weight of the chicken to be used.
Between 6 to 8 ounces apiece.
Do these freeze and recook well? (If I cooked first and then froze?)
Yes you can do that, as long as they are cooled to room temperature, but they maybe less crunchy when reheated. It's better to bread and freeze them raw, and then take as many at a time as you need for cooking. Add about 10 minutes to the cook time if doing this.
I made it. It's a great recipe. Just pay attention to the cooking time: My nuggets were fully cooked and ready in just 17 minutes.
These look delicious. I plan on having them with a big salad. The comments are very helpful. Thanks!
These are great! My husband is on a low-fat diet due to a heart attack. These are a good substitute for fried chicken. Thank you.