Here’s a recipe that will please both parents and kids, alike! Our Skinny Chicken Nuggets offer so much more than their greasy cardboard tasting “cousins”. These tasty treats are baked, not fried, and are made of only 100% whole fresh ingredients. These tasty treats are baked, not fried, and are made of only clean eating ingredients, so they won’t pump your body full of harmful preservatives and fat. Plus, we’ve used the perfect combination of spices, so they taste amazing, too! We guarantee that you’ll never eat another processed and frozen chicken nugget again.
Yield: 6 servings | 1 serving = 6 nuggets | Calories: 240 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 37 mg | Sodium: 84 mg | Carbohydrates: 32 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 21 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6 |
- 3 chicken breasts fillets, skinless, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs, (whole wheat can be found at any whole foods type supermarket and most organic sections of your local grocery)
- 1 large egg white, lightly whipped
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil or Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl add egg white and chicken cubes, toss to coat. Add seasonings to chicken along with Panko bread crumbs, coat well. It may be necessary to press crumbs onto chicken pieces. Place chicken coated pieces on a non-stick cookies sheet, drizzle with oil or use an oil sprayer if available. Cook 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Have you tried our Skinny Chicken Nuggets? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.