Messy, sweet, and oh so delicious, Sloppy Joes are a favorite of both children and parents, alike. This Turkey Sloppy Joe’s recipe is made with only 100% clean ingredients and won’t do the damage to your waistline like traditional recipes, but we haven’t sacrificed taste a bit. Enjoy Turkey Sloppy Joes for lunch or dinner, and the whole family will have something to smile about.
This slow cooker recipe is convenient to make and can be heated up later for lunch. It is possibly our most popular slow cooker turkey dish because it is so easy to make and it tastes delicious.
Try our Turkey Sloppy Joes with a side of Superfood Salad.
Yields: 4-6 Servings | Serving size: 1 Cup (bun not included) | Calories: 167 | Fat: 4 g | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Sugars: 8 g | Fiber: 2 g | Sodium: 387 mg | Protein: 23 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1 pound (454 grams) ground turkey breast (raw)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup natural ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 1-2 packets Stevia (optional, if you want to make it on the sweeter side)
- Mist a skillet with oil and brown raw turkey, onions and green pepper over medium heat. (You could skip this step, but you will get a better flavor.)
- Place turkey meat, onions & green pepper in the slow cooker. Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours. If you don't brown the meat first, then cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with a whole grain bun, toasted.
Recipe contributed by Kristine Fretwell from Busy But Healthy.
Click here for the Top 10 Slow Cooker Recipes on SkinnyMs.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.