This seasonal favorite offers all of the flavor of an iced chai latte with much fewer calories.
Iced chai never fails to hit the spot. But if you opt for a commercial brand or even your local coffee shop’s version, you’ll probably end up paying more than one price. Iced chai is usually expensive and chock-full of empty calories that could jeopardize your health and fitness. By learning how to make your own skinny syrup chai recipe, you’ll be able to enjoy the best of both worlds!
Your Favorite Drink Made Healthier
Luckily, our slimmed-down version of the classic beverage delivers all the yumminess of a conventional latte without loads of calories. It’s easy to make at home and much cheaper than ordering out. This DIY Skinny Syrup Chai Recipe has a smooth flavor with a spicy-sweet kick, thanks to superhero spices like cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger. Your taste buds and waistline will thank you for this healthy treat!
The best part about this skinny syrup chai recipe? It’s easy to whip up and you can store any leftover syrup in the fridge!
Make Your Own Skinny Syrup Chai Recipe for a Skinny Iced Chai Latte
- 2 tablespoons skinny chai syrup (*recipe below) per 1 cup milk, more or less as desired
- 1 cup milk of choice per cup (unsweetened coconut from the carton, almond, soy, or dairy)
- 3 to 4 ice cubes per glass
Skinny Chai Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 black teas bags
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger cleaned and thinly sliced, or 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 4 cloves or 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 star anise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir well. Reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 30 minutes, covered.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve or a colander with small holes* over a bowl. Once cooled, pour into an open mason jar.
- *Sieve or colander can be lined with a thin layer of cheesecloth to avoid any tea dregs getting through.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
if you enjoyed this skinny syrup chai recipe, you might also like to try:
What’s your favorite holiday beverage? Let us know in the comments section! We’d love to hear from you and bring you more healthy recipes.