Make this dish the night before and spend less than 10-minutes on dinner.
A Tasty, Well-Balanced Meal
Easy-prep veggies offer fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, while quinoa comes with filling fiber and protein. And bathed in the combined flavors of garlic and soy sauce, this vegetarian dish certainly doesn’t disappoint in the taste department!
Many stir fry recipes bulk up their dish with white or brown rice. This savory recipe, however, shines the spotlight on a nutrient-packed alternative that’s just as delicious. Quinoa is undoubtedly our carb of choice, and a wonderful addition to any weight loss diet. The superfood carries more protein and fewer calories than its white and brown rice counterparts.
Above everything, however, quinoa’s fiber content sets it apart from the competition. The powerful grain carries a whopping 5 grams of fiber per cup. This not only fills you up and boosts digestion, but can help reduce cholesterol levels. The amazing grain also makes a wonderful accompaniment to chili, power bowls, protein dishes and more!
For scrumptious quinoa-based recipes, check out some of our favorites:
This Stir-Fry is Exploding with Superfoods
Quinoa isn’t the only nutrient-rich ingredient to grace its presence in this scrumptious recipe! Broccoli contains powerful compounds that help fight disease and boost immunity. Meanwhile, the cruciferous veggie packs in over 200% of your daily recommended value of vitamin C.
Likewise, experts praise bok coy for its bone-building calcium and vitamin K content. Research shows that the yummy veggie delivers powerful antioxidants that can ward off free radicals and protect cells against damage. Double wow!
Our Skinny Quinoa Stir-Fry makes a genius, one-pot meal that’s a snap to make. To expedite the process, we suggest preparing the quinoa the night before and refrigerate it. Afterwards, the remaining work will take fewer than 10 minutes to knock out.
How to make Skinny Quinoa Stir Fry
First, simply heat oils and sauté garlic, and cook bok choy and broccolini in this mixture until tender. Afterwards, remove veggies and add soy sauce and quinoa to the skillet and stir. Finally, place veggies on top of heated quinoa, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, and serve!
Our scrumptious quinoa stir-fry carries 10 grams of protein, along with carbohydrates for long lasting energy. That said, it makes a fantastic option for lunch, dinner, or as a pre-workout meal. As a bonus, this skinny recipe clocks in at just 270 calories a serving and 7 grams of fiber! So if you have weight loss goals, this makes a wonderful diet-friendly recipe to add to your repertoire.
For more scrumptious stir-fry recipes we simply can’t get enough of, check out these top picks:
- Chicken, Broccoli, and Asparagus Stir Fry
- Santa Fe Chicken and Zucchini Stir Fry Recipe
- Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry
Skinny Quinoa Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 bok choy stalks leaves removed, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 broccolini or 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce low-sodium, more to taste (optional, tamari)
- 4 cups white quinoa cooked and chilled (cook according to package directions)
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- In a large skillet add oils, turn to medium-low heat, sauté garlic until fragrant, about one minute. Add Bok Choy and Broccoli, cover and continue cooking approximately 5 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Remove broccolini and set aside.
- Add soy sauce and cooked quinoa. Stir and cook just until quinoa is heated through. Turn off heat, place broccolini on top of quinoa, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Cover and let rest 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms