Make this dish the night before and spend less than 10-minutes on dinner.
Looking for a new go-to vegetarian dinner recipe? Look no further than this Skinny Quinoa Stir-Fry recipe. It contains easy-to-prep vegetables that offer fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants while the quinoa contains filling fiber and a ton of protein. Add in the combined flavors of garlic and soy sauce, and the result is a vegetarian stir-fry dish that certainly doesn’t disappoint in the taste department!
A Tasty, Well-Balanced Meal
Most stir-fry recipes add bulk by using white or brown rice or noodles. This savory recipe, however, shines the spotlight on a nutrient-packed alternative that’s just as delicious. Quinoa is undoubtedly our carb of choice, and it makes a wonderful addition to any weight-loss program. This superfood carries more protein than most grains, and its nutty texture makes it quite unique.
Above everything, quinoa’s fiber content sets it apart from the competition. The powerful grain carries a whopping 5 grams of fiber per cup. That not only fills you up and boosts digestion, but it can also help reduce cholesterol levels. In addition to using it for this Skinny Quinoa Stir-Fry, we also love using quinoa as a wonderful accompaniment to chili, power bowls, protein dishes, and more!
For more scrumptious quinoa-based recipes, check out some of our favorites:
This Quinoa Stir-Fry Recipe Contains so Many Superfoods
Quinoa isn’t the only nutrient-rich ingredient in this scrumptious Skinny Quinoa Stir-Fry recipe. Broccoli contains powerful compounds that help fight disease and boost immunity. This cruciferous veggie also packs in over 200% of your daily recommended value of vitamin C.
Likewise, experts praise bok coy for its bone-building calcium and vitamin K content. Research shows that this yummy veggie delivers powerful antioxidants that can ward off free radicals and protect cells against damage. Double wow!
Our Skinny Quinoa Stir-Fry makes a genius, one-pot meal that’s a snap to make. To expedite the process, we suggest preparing the quinoa the night before and storing it in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to eat, the remaining work will take fewer than ten minutes.
How to Make Skinny Quinoa Stir-Fry
We start by heating the olive oil and sesame oils to cook the garlic. Then, we add the bok choy and broccolini until they’re tender, about five minutes. Afterward, remove the veggies and add the soy sauce and quinoa to the skillet. You’ll want to cook until the quinoa is warmed through before removing it to individual serving bowls. Place the veggies on top of the heated quinoa, sprinkle the mixture with toasted sesame seeds, and serve!
Our vegetarian Skinny Quinoa Stir-Fry contains 10 grams of protein along with complex carbohydrates for long-lasting energy. It makes a fantastic option for lunch, dinner, or as a pre-workout meal. As a bonus, this skinny recipe clocks in at just 270 calories a serving and 7 grams of fiber! So if you have weight-loss goals, this makes a wonderful diet-friendly recipe to add to your repertoire.
Skinny Quinoa Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 bok choy stalks leaves removed, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 broccolini or 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce low-sodium, more to taste (optional, tamari)
- 4 cups white quinoa cooked and chilled (cook according to package directions)
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- In a large skillet add the oils, turn to medium-low heat, and sauté garlic until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add the bok choy and broccolini, cover, and continue cooking for approximately 5 minutes, until the veggies are slightly tender.
- Remove the veggies and set aside.
- Add the soy sauce and cooked quinoa. Stir and cook until quinoa is heated through. Turn off the heat, place broccolini on top of quinoa, and sprinkle the mixture with toasted sesame seeds. Cover and let rest 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more scrumptious stir-fry recipes we simply can’t get enough of, check out these top picks:
- Chicken, Broccoli, and Asparagus Stir-Fry
- Santa Fe Chicken and Zucchini Stir-Fry Recipe
- Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry
Editor’s note: This recipe was originally published on January 4, 2015.