This smoky, spicy dish, packed with veggies, is a unique twist on classic stir fry. This Santa Fe chicken and zucchini stir fry recipe comes together in a flash and brings flavor to the table that the whole family will love. Brown rice is the obvious choice for serving, but it’s just as good with quinoa or your favorite grain. If you want to indulge, you can add a sprinkling of cheese, but with all this flavor, it doesn’t need it!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup stir fry | Calories: 191 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 62 mg | Sodium: 197 mg | Carbohydrates: 6g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 21 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5 |
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Brown rice or quinoa, for serving (optional)
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and sear until browned. Remove from the pan and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook until slightly softened and add the zucchini and carrots. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Add the seasonings and stir for 1 more minute. Add the lime juice and the chicken back to the pan. Stir and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over the rice and top with the cilantro.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.