Try stir fry the Tex Mex way!
This smoky, spicy dish, packed with veggies, is a unique twist on classic stir fry. This Santa Fe chicken and zucchini stir fry recipe comes together in a flash and brings flavor to the table that the whole family will love. Brown rice is the obvious choice for serving, but it’s just as good with quinoa or your favorite grain. If you want to indulge, you can add a sprinkling of cheese, but with all this flavor, it doesn’t need it!
Santa Fe Chicken and Zucchini Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts sliced
- 1 onion small, diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice fresh
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- brown rice or quinoa, for serving (optional)
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until browned. Remove from the pan and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook until slightly softened and add the zucchini and carrots. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Add the seasonings and stir for 1 more minute. Add the lime juice and the chicken back to the pan. Stir and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over the rice and top with the cilantro.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.