Break out the buns and slow cooker and get this chicken cooking.
There are lots of barbecue chicken recipes out there. There are even a few on SkinnyMs alone! But this one is a totally different take. Our recipe for slow cooker barbecue chicken uses a mix of barbecue sauce and Italian dressing to make sweet, spicy, and tangy pulled chicken!
Of course, we make our own Italian seasoning mix, so you don’t have to gamble with shelf options. The mix of lemon juice and vinegar with your favorite barbecue sauce creates a unique flavor that might become your new favorite way to enjoy BBQ. So break out the buns and slow cooker and get this chicken cooking.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Remix
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce optional try SkinnyMs BBQ sauce recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker. In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk until combined. Pour over chicken and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours. When time is up, shred chicken with a fork then cook 15 more minutes on high.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Adapted from Family Fresh Meals.
Try some of our other barbecue recipes:
What are your favorite side dishes to pair with barbecue? Let us know in the comments section below!