There are lots of barbecue chicken recipes out there. There are even a few on SkinnyMs alone! But this one is a totally different take. Our recipe for slow cooker barbecue chicken uses a mix of barbecue sauce and Italian dressing to make sweet, spicy, and tangy pulled chicken!
Of course, we make our own Italian seasoning mix, so you don’t have to gamble with shelf options. The mix of lemon juice and vinegar with your favorite barbecue sauce creates a unique flavor that might become your new favorite way to enjoy BBQ. So break out the buns and slow cooker and get this chicken cooking.
Yields: 5 cups | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 333 | Total Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 669mg | Carbohydrates: 28g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Protein: 13g | SmartPoints: 13
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (optional, try SkinnyMs BBQ sauce recipe)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker. In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk until combined. Pour over chicken and cook on low for 4 to 6 hour or high for 3 to 4 hours. When time is up, shred chicken with a fork then cook 15 more minutes on high.
Adapted from Family Fresh Meals.
Try some of our other barbecue recipes:
What are your favorite side dishes to pair with barbecue? Let us know in the comments section below!