This dish will be one of your go-to meals!
This tomato based chicken recipe has a combination of wild and brown rice and just enough spice to kick the flavor into full gear. Feel free to lessen or increase the flavor intensity by adding less cayenne or red pepper flakes. We like our chicken dishes a little on the hot side but with this one, you decide!
Slow Cooker Chicken & Rice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup wild rice blend uncooked - wild rice, long and short grain brown rice
- 2 (6-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast fillets cut into 2” pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth fat-free low sodium
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add onions and bell pepper and sauté on medium-low heat until tender, about 3 minutes. Add rice and continue to sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and add the remaining ingredients, except chicken, stir to combine. Place chicken in the slow cooker and pour ingredients from the skillet over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Click here for the Top 10 Slow Cooker Recipes on Skinny Ms.
RECIPE SIGNUP: If you’re interested in receiving the newest and best Slow Cooker recipes via email from Skinny Ms., signup here: daily eNewsletter Signup.