A hearty vegetarian meal the whole family will love.
This uber-comforting Slow Cooker Bean & Vegetable Soup makes a perfect weeknight meal after a busy day. The vegetarian-friendly dish calls for 100% clean, totally nutritious ingredients that deliver a host of health benefits. The green beans and carrots taste soft and chewy once cooked, while the corn kernels and diced tomatoes merge deliciously with the other vegetables while offering juicy flavor. At the same time, the Great Northern beans pack a protein punch certain to keep you full and satisfied for hours. This colorful creation is a snap to whip up, and stores soup-er well overnight! Simply toss ingredients into your slow cooker, stir, and let the appliance work its magic.
Slow Cooker Chunky Bean & Vegetable Soup
- 1 cup cut green beans fresh or frozen
- 4 carrots cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 red potato large, cubed
- 2 celery ribs cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup sweet onion diced
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes cans
- 2 cups vegetable broth fat-free
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ounces great northern beans can, drained
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, stir to combine. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours, or until the carrots are tender.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.