This jalapeno cornbread is best served warm and smeared with butter.
Here at SkinnyMs., we love slow cooker recipes for making meal preparation so easy. We don’t know what we’d do without it! So, we made our Slow Cooker Jalapeno Cornbread recipe as easy as it gets. Just add all the ingredients to your slow cooker, then wait while it does all the work for you. It’s a skinny recipe, so we’ve included healthy, whole ingredients. Wheat flour, Greek yogurt, and skim milk replace unhealthy alternatives that you would normally find in cornbread, while adding a rich flavor. Coconut sugar adds sweetness, while jalapenos bring a spicy kick. You can use as many or as few peppers as you like, depending on your heat tolerance!
This jalapeno cornbread is best served warm and smeared with butter. It would be a perfect side dish to accompany our Spicy Chili with Fire Roasted Tomatoes!
Slow Cooker Jalapeño Cornbread
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 jalapenos deseeded and sliced
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker with parchment paper (this will save you tons of time later with clean up!). Use a nonstick cooking spray and spray the side of your slow cooker.
- Mix together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder, and chili powder. In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, yogurt, milk, and butter. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and pour into the slow cooker. Sprinkle the jalapeños on top so that they evenly cover the cornbread mix. Cook on high for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or low for 2 to 3 hours. Cook time will depend on the size of your slow cooker -- test the middle of the cornbread with a toothpick when you think it’s done. If it comes out dry, you’re set!
- Take a serving plate the same size as your slow cooker and cover the top of the cooker with it. Flip the cooker quickly upside down and the cornbread should come right out!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other recipes you might enjoy:
What do you plan to pair this cornbread with? Chili, stew, beans and eggs? Let us know in the comments section below!