We love Italian cuisine at SkinnyMs., but we’re not always in the mood for heavy pastas and sauces. When we’re looking to serve something a little lighter for dinner, but we don’t want to sacrifice the zesty Italian flavor we’ve come to love, this Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken does the trick! This slow cooker recipe is easy to make, healthy, and tastes delicious. Chicken recipes do not have to be boring. Slow cooker foods are a great way to pack a lot of flavor into lean chicken breast. The end result of this balsamic chicken recipe is a moist, flavorful dish your entire family will love!
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken Recipe
This Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken has quickly become a fan favorite. We love how the balsamic vinegar used in this recipe works a tenderizer, allowing the chicken to soak up every delicious ounce of flavor from the tomatoes, onions, and seasonings. Serve this over a bed of spaghetti, brown rice, quinoa, or accompany it with a fresh salad, and your family is sure to wild!
Leftovers? This balsamic chicken is a great addition to salads or can be wrapped in a tortilla for a quick, healthy lunch.
Yields: 10 Cups | Serving size: 1 Cup | Calories: 238 | Fat: 12 g | Saturated fat: 3 g | Trans fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 73 mg | Sodium: 170 mg | Carbohydrate: 7 g | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 4 g | Protein 25 g | Smart Points (Freestyle): 1 |
- 4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 40 ounces)
- 2 (14.5 oz can) diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced (Not chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Ground black pepper|to taste
- Pour the olive oil on bottom of slow cooker, add chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast, put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves. Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes.
- Cook on high 4 hours, serve over angel hair pasta.