This lentil soup is easy, delicious, and full of protein!
We love slow cooker recipes, because they allow us some flexibility in our busy schedules. This healthful lentil soup can be thrown together early in the day and enjoyed hours later when your family finally has a chance to sit down. It’s perfect for a cold weather evening, and good for the both the body and the soul.
You might also like our list of 73 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes.
*This recipe was contributed by Tammie over at Simple. Healthy. Tasty. . Her family looks forward to this recipe when cool weather hits. It’s been a favorite for years. After struggling with her weight for most of her life, Tammie decided to stop the struggle and focus on her health. She doesn’t diet anymore, never feels deprived and the weight came off over 13 years ago and hasn’t returned.
Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion large, chopped
- 4 celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 8 cups water
- 3 cups green lentils dry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth powder homemade
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes cans
- balsamic vinegar to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn large 5 quart slow cooker on high.
- Place oil and chopped veggies and garlic in, stir. Add the water and lentils. Place lid on and let cook on high for about 3 hours until lentils are soft.
- After lentils are cooked stir in Vegetable broth powder and diced tomatoes, turn slow cooker to low and let warm until time to eat. Just before serving add 1-2 Tablespoons, or to taste, of Balsamic vinegar. Can optionally mash some of the lentils with a potato masher or blend with a hand blender for a thicker consistency or just eat it like it is.
- Add salt and pepper to taste!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite slow cooker food? Tell us about it in the comments below.