The chunky, flavorful vegetables will fill you up with energizing nutrients.
It’s a comforting fan favorite, but minestrone stew can sometimes taste like a bowl of mushy vegetables and pasta. Not the case with our Slow Cooker Root Vegetable Minestrone Stew! We’ve added classic fall root vegetables to the recipe, so you can use this soup to celebrate the season. The chunky, flavorful vegetables will fill you up with energizing nutrients. Since it’s a SkinnyMs. recipe, this is a dish you can indulge in guilt-free.
You can also just toss almost all the ingredients into your slow cooker in the morning and let it do all the work. By adding in the pasta much later on you can avoid the soggy, tasteless macaroni in your scrumptious stew.
Slow Cooker Root Vegetable Minestrone Stew
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes cans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup parsnips diced
- 1 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 1 cup red potatoes cubed
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes cubed
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat macaroni pasta
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker except the beans, pasta, and spinach. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 3 to 4 hours.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Pearl Barley and Vegetable Minestrone
How did this recipe turn out for you? What did you like? Let us know in the comments section below!