You don’t have to travel to Thailand to experience the cuisine! Our Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Satay brings the bright and fragrant flavors of Thailand to your home in one easy-to-make dish. Lean chicken breasts are slow simmered in a highly spiced and flavorful broth featuring lemongrass, coconut milk, and ginger. The tender chicken will practically melt in your mouth!
Serve on a bed of brown Jasmine rice and a side of vegetables such as our Quick & Easy Cauliflower Stir-Fry for a complete healthy ethnic meal.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 375 | Total Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 927mg | Carbohydrates: 8g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 25g | SmartPoints: 12
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
- 1/3 cup lite coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (optional: Sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (optional: 1 teaspoon coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan on the stove on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook both sides until they have a crust -- the middle should not be cooked. Remove from the pan and add to slow cooker.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, or high for 2 to 3 hours. Serve with Asian vegetables and brown rice!
Other recipes to enjoy:
What are your favorite Thai dishes? Let us know in the comments section below.