When cooking a turkey, there are always leftovers. A tasty way to use up any extra meat is to create a savory Turkey Stew. If you would like more vegetables, you can add green beans, corn, or any of your favorites. It’s the combination of delicious veggies, spices, and shredded turkey that make this stew the ultimate “feel good” meal.
Some other tasty SkinnyMs. stews and soups include:
You might also like some of these other Slow Cooker Recipes by SkinnyMs.
Minimum Crock Pot Size: 5 quarts
Yields: 6 Servings | Serving Size: 1 Cup | Calories: 183 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 | Cholesterol: 47 mg | Sodium: 253 mg | Carbohydrates: 17 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 21 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4 |
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups chicken broth (fat free, low sodium)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire roasted tomatoes
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 cups (cooked) leftover turkey or chicken cubes
- Add all the above ingredients, except turkey to the slow cooker, stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or until carrots are tender. Add leftover turkey, the last 30 minutes of cooking time and cook until heated through.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Have you tried our Slow Cooker Turkey Stew? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.