This turkey stroganoff will become a staple in your house!
Stroganoff is a recipe that is both versatile and easy to prepare, which we love at Skinny Ms.. Our version of Skinny Stroganoff calls for healthier ingredients than traditional recipes without compromising flavor. Enjoy!
RECIPE SIGNUP: If you’re interested in receiving the newest and best Slow Cooker recipes via email from Skinny Ms., signup here: daily eNewsletter Signup.
Slow Cooker Turkey Stroganoff
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 onion mild, diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms button or baby bella, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth fat-free, low-sodium
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 cup Greek yogurt low-fat
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch optional, add if a thicker sauce is preferred
- In a large skillet add ground turkey and cook until it loses its pink color, drain off any fat and add to the slow cooker. Add extra virgin olive oil to the same skillet and sauté mushrooms and onions over medium-low heat until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, except yogurt and cornstarch. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours. Combine Greek yogurt with cornstarch, add to stroganoff and continue cooking 30 minutes. Serve over whole-wheat egg noodles or brown rice, if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Click here for the Top 10 Slow Cooker Recipes on Skinny Ms.