Stroganoff is a recipe that is both versatile and easy to prepare, which we love at SkinnyMs.. Our version of Skinny Stroganoff calls for healthier ingredients than traditional recipes without compromising flavor. Enjoy!
RECIPE SIGNUP: If you’re interested in receiving the newest and best Slow Cooker recipes via email from SkinnyMs., signup here: eNewsletter Signup.
Data does not include pasta or rice Yields: 5 servings | Serving size: 1 cup | Calories: 235 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 71 mg | Sodium: 252 mg | Carbohydrates: 17 g | Dietary fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 21 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 1 |
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 mild onion, diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, button or baby bella, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth, fat free, low sodium
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, low-fat
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (optional, add if a thicker sauce is preferred)
- In a large skillet add ground turkey and cook until it loses its pink color, drain off any fat and add to the slow cooker. Add extra virgin olive oil to the same skillet and sauté mushrooms and onions over medium-low heat until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, except yogurt and cornstarch. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours. Combine Greek yogurt with cornstarch, add to stroganoff and continue cooking 30 minutes. Serve over whole wheat egg noodles or brown rice, if desired.
- NOTE: This recipe can easily be adapted to be made in a skillet. Cook the turkey and onion, drain and return to the skillet. Add the remaining ingredients, except yogurt & cornstarch, stir and cook approximately 30 minutes. Add yogurt and cornstarch, stir and cook until thickened.
Click here for the Top 10 Slow Cooker Recipes on SkinnyMs.