This hearty chili tastes just as good without the meat!
Brimming with chili pepper spice and fire-roasted tomato flavor, this chili isn’t made any less hearty by omitting meat. Two types of beans, zucchini, carrots, and onions all come together to make this one filling and yummy chili!
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion diced
- 14 1/2 ounce fire roasted tomatoes can - with liquid
- 6 ounce tomato paste can
- 4 ounce diced green chilies can
- 5 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini medium, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, cored and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth low sodium (use water as an option), use 1/2 cup less for a thicker chili
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper more to less to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro freshly chopped
- 15 1/2 ounce black beans can - drained and rinsed
- 31 ounce kidney beans cans - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn frozen (optional)
- Combine all the above ingredients, except corn, in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours in a 4-6 quart slow cooker. If using corn, add to slow cooker 15 minutes before the end of cooking time. Spoon into bowls and garnish with cilantro and diced onion, if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms