These roasted almonds are zesty, tangy, and addictive.
Almonds are a deliciously healthy snack. They’re rich in healthy fats, which can help regulate your blood sugar and lower your cholesterol. They’re also packed with protein, fiber, and vitamin E. If you want the health benefits of eating almonds, but are tired of plain, raw almonds, we have just the thing for you! These roasted almonds are zesty, tangy, and addictive. They’re also extra healthy, as they’re made with antioxidant-rich spices.
Whip up a batch of these smoked and spicy almonds over the weekend in order to have an easy-to-pack snack on hand all week long. You can also add them to salads or yogurt for some extra punch. The possibilities are endless! However you decide to eat these almonds, we know you’ll love them. Turn on the oven, raid your spice rack, and get ready to enjoy your new favorite snack.
Smoked and Spicy Roasted Almonds
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg white large
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound almonds raw
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine water and egg white. Whisk until foamy. Add remaining ingredients, except for almonds, and whisk well. Using your hands, add the almonds and mix to coat evenly. Spread in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and stir. Repeat this two more times for a total oven time of 60 minutes. When completely cooked, the nuts should be dry and slightly darker in color. Allow to cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms