Low-carb pasta isn't too good to be true!
Want a low-carb version of your favorite summer pasta salad? This dish uses spaghetti squash instead of semolina pasta, and it will both surprise and delight you with its flavor and texture. It’s easy to put together, high in fiber and antioxidants, and makes a delicious side dish for a summer get together.
Spaghetti Squash Pasta Salad
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cucumber small, sliced
- 1 red onion small, sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Cut the squash in half and brush with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Lay cut side down in a microwavable safe dish with a lid. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Check to see if the squash is tender, and rotate. Cook for about 5 more minutes and remove. Let cool and use a fork to scrape the “noodles” into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss well. Chill until ready to serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
And, of course, be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Hello: Spaghetti squash is out of season. What is the next option?
Thank you very much
Zucchini pasta would be yummy!
You are a champion ..A life saver.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!