Want a low-carb version of your favorite summer pasta salad? This dish uses spaghetti squash instead of semolina pasta, and it will both surprise and delight you with it’s flavor and texture. It’s easy to put together, high in fiber and antioxidants, and makes a delicious side dish for a summer get together.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup|Calories: 187| Total Fat: 19 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 1 mg | Sodium: 262 mg | Carbohydrates: 7 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the squash in half and brush with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Lay cut side down in a microwavable safe dish with a lid. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Check to see if the squash is tender, and rotate. Cook for about 5 more minutes and remove. Let cool and use a fork to scrape the “noodles” into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss well. Chill until ready to serve.