This Spanish Lentil Salad is a reliable weeknight dinner for anyone with a busy schedule. The dish calls for wholesome ingredients like roasted red peppers, dill, and green lentils. It’s jam-packed with vitamins and minerals!
Cook the lentils to tender perfection and combine them with juicy veggies. Complete the dish with some sprinkled parmesan for a lovely, bold finish.
This satisfying meal delivers an excellent source of protein and fiber, thanks to the assortment of legumes and veggies. Store the yummy dish in your fridge overnight and cross lunch off of tomorrow’s to-do list!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 152 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 341mg | Carbohydrates: 17g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 9g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4
- 1/2 cup dry lentils lentils, picked through and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons cup freshly chopped dill
- 1/4 cup loosely packed Parmesan
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar OR fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (smoked or regular)
- Add lentils and bay leaf to 1 cup water. Bring lentils to a fast simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, uncovered, or until tender. Drain Lentils in a colander. Remove bay leaf and discard.
- Allow lentils to chill in the refrigerator. Once chilled, combine lentils with vegetables and dill.
- Whisk dressing together. Add it to the salad and toss to combine. Sprinkle parmesan onto salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
Loved the recipe? Let us know! Leave us a comment below.