Forget sodas! You’ll love this non-alcoholic drink that tastes almost like a Mojito and super refreshing. Sparkling drinks are a great alternative to alcohol and soda. They are light and refreshing, and provide that bubbly kick you love. Lime drinks are especially refreshing because of their slightly tart citrus taste. We love healthy drinks and drinks that allow you to meet your daily water requirements, even if you do not love the taste of water. Quencher drinks keeps you hydrated and help you cut back on sugar and calories.
Do you entertain on a regular basis and serve fruit punch or alcoholic drinks? Chances are at least a few of your guests have wanted something with fewer calories. Unfortunately, when you are trying to make a large group of people happy, it can be expensive and time consuming to create a buffet of healthy beverages. This lime quencher accomplishes all of your entertaining goals. It’s delicious, healthy, affordable, and easy to make. Kids even love it and are delighted to drink something that is so sophisticated and adult-like!
Looking for other healthy drinks to enjoy alone or at parties. We’ve got you covered. Try our mulled cider during the chilly fall months or sample one of our other soda alternatives that tastes great and is healthy, too.
Yield: 2 servings | Serving Size: 8 fluid oz. | Calories: 76 | Total Fat: 0.2 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 40 mg | Carbohydrates: 20.1 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g | Sugars: 12.9 g | Protein: 1.0 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5 |
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, more to taste (stevia or agave nectar can be used as an alternative...you may prefer your drink a little sweeter as this recipe is slightly tart)
- 2 cups sparkling seltzer water (be sure it says Sparkling Seltzer Water and not club soda or tonic water...seltzer water contains only carbonated water)
- 1 cup ice
- Add the first 3 ingredients to a large glass, stir to combine. Add ice to 2 glasses, equally divide mixture between glasses and top each off with one cup sparkling seltzer water. Add a few half slices of lime to each glass, if desired.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.