Check out this healthy recipe which takes all of two minutes to prepare. Healthy juices are out there, but they are rarely found on store shelves. Making your own sparkling pomegranate juice is the healthy solution if you love the taste of juice,but prefer not to deal with the added unnatural ingredients found in many store-bought juices.
Pomegranate has recently become more popular among juice drinkers. It provides plenty of health benefits and its slightly tart flavor tastes great in juice. Mixing it with sparkling water helps you meet your water intake goals for the day and cuts the calories of the juice overall without cutting the flavor. Plus, the bubbly juice makes a great alternative to high calorie, sugar laden sodas.
This juice is ideal for a special occasion. The next time you are hosting a party, instead of serving soda or a fruit punch made with processed juices, whip up a batch of this sparkling juice. You can even add slices of fresh fruit for a special touch.
Yield: 1 serving | Serving Size: 8 fluid oz | Calories: 75 | Total Fat: 0 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium:20 mg | Carbohydrates: 18.5 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 16 g | Protein: 0 g | SmartPoints: 4 |
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice, no sugar added (or any unsweetened juice of choice)
- 1/2 cup sparkling seltzer water
- squeeze of one lemon wedge
- Add ice to a glass, pour in pomegranate juice, seltzer water and lemon.
- Other juices to try:
- Dark Cherry; Tart Cherry; Welch's Grape Juice; or any other juice without added sugar. Read the label as the juice should ideally contain the following: juice from concentrate and possibly water. Not from concentrate pomegranate juice cost around $15 for one quart....so I stick to the 'not from concentrate'.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.