Looking for delicious eggplant recipes, but not in the mood for Eggplant Parmesan? This spicy eggplant chili recipe is the perfect choice. Spicy and flavorful, it’s full of healthy ingredients that will satisfy your tastebuds as well as keep you full. Unlike heavy chilies made with meat, this one doesn’t take a long time to prepare and won’t weigh you down afterward. Don’t worry if you have too much; unlike a lot of eggplant meals, this chili tastes even better as leftovers the next day!
Yield: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 216 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Sodium: 39mg | Cholesterol: 0g | Carbohydrates: 36g | Fiber: 13g | Sugars: 7g | Protein: 10g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings of your choice: Shredded cheese, diced avocado, corn chips, etc.
- Heat a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the corn to the dry pot and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and add the eggplant. Cook for 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned. Season with salt and add the onions and jalapeño. Cook until onions are translucent and eggplant is nicely browned, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, cook for 1 minute and add the spices.
- Stir for 1 minute and add the tomatoes and juices. Add 3 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add the beans and corn. Add the lime juice and cilantro, season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, topped with your favorite toppings.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.