Eggplant steals the show in this satisfying chili!
Looking for delicious eggplant recipes, but not in the mood for Eggplant Parmesan? This spicy eggplant chili recipe is the perfect choice. Spicy and flavorful, it’s full of healthy ingredients that will satisfy your tastebuds as well as keep you full. Unlike heavy chilies made with meat, this one doesn’t take a long time to prepare and won’t weigh you down afterward. Don’t worry if you have too much; unlike a lot of eggplant meals, this chili tastes even better as leftovers the next day!
Spicy Eggplant Chili
- 1 cup corn frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 eggplant large, cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes can
- 15 ounces black beans can, drained and rinsed
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings of your choice: Shredded cheese, diced avocado, corn chips, etc.
- Heat a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the corn to the dry pot and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and add the eggplant. Cook for 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned. Season with salt and add the onions and jalapeño. Cook until onions are translucent and eggplant is nicely browned, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, cook for 1 minute and add the spices.
- Stir for 1 minute and add the tomatoes and juices. Add 3 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add the beans and corn. Add the lime juice and cilantro, season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, topped with your favorite toppings.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.