Vegetables like zucchini and eggplant are always in abundance in the early Fall. It’s easy to use a stove top grill pan to cook them and enjoy this salad without using a grill!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories:143 | Total Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 608 mg | Carbohydrates: 33g | Dietary Fiber: 10 g | Sugars: 13 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3
- 5 baby eggplants or 1 large, sliced into 1/4" thick slices
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1/4" thick slices
- 4 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 medium red potatoes, sliced into 1/8" slices, optional*
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- Coat grates of a gas grill or grill pan with oil. Set grill to medium high heat. Coat eggplant slices, tomato halves, zucchini, and potato if using, with oil on both sides, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables on one side, tomato with the skin side down, with the cover down (for a gas grill) for about 5 minutes, or until grill marks form. Remove the tomato from the grill.
- Flip the rest of the vegetables, and cook on the other side for about 5 more minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool a few minutes and cut into smaller pieces, if desired, or leave large. Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl with balsamic vinegar and mix gently. Place on a platter to serve. This salad can be chilled for up to 2 hours.
We want to hear what you think. Who did you make this for? Did you make any substitutions? Leave us a comment in the comments section below. Want to find virtual clean eating buddies? Join the conversation on Facebook!