Nothing quite marks the beginning of summer like fresh strawberries cropping up at your local market. While they are easy to eat on their own, they are delicious when added to a meal. This strawberry quinoa salad is a perfect example. It’s easy to put together and is made with a sweet and tart poppyseed dressing that you’ll love. If you’re on the lookout for an easy side for a potluck or a cookout, you won’t regret this quinoa salad with strawberries. For a full meal, try adding grilled salmon, chicken, or shrimp.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup|Calories: 230| Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 1 mg | Sodium: 128 mg | Carbohydrates: 35 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 10 g | SmartPoints: 7
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup hulled and sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss well.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until well combined. Toss the dressing with the salad just before serving. Serve chilled or at room temperature.