Make these stuffed dates with goat cheese for a fun and festive appetizer for your Thanksgiving day feast!
This recipe was created by Erin at Forest Feast for more inspiring healthy and simple recipe ideas! Her dishes are easy enough to make after a long day at work, yet impressive enough for a party. You can also find Erin on Facebook and Pinterest.
Yields: 7 servings | Serving Size: 2 dates | Calories: 178 | Total Fat: 8.7 g | Saturated Fat: 6.0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 26 mg | Sodium: 85 mg | Carbohydrates: 18.8 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g | Sugars: 16.7 g | Protein: 7.9 g | SmartPoints: 8 |
- One package (approx 15) large pitted dates
- One package (approx 6 oz) of chevre goat cheese (lavender flavored, optional, and available online)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Make a lengthwise slice half way through each date so that it opens a bit, but remains in one piece.
- Put approximately one teaspoon of soft, room temperature chevre goat cheese in each date "pocket".
- Lay stuffed dates out on a plate and drizzle with honey before serving.