Boost your immune system the delicious way.
Ladies, start your engines! Or, having some trouble getting them started?? 😉 Skinny Ms. can help! Our easy-to-make and scrumptious-to-drink superfood smoothie will start your engines whether you want it to or not. And since you’re here, we’re guessing you want it to.
It’s got spinach for the requisite green -and for the good-to-have iron! And banana for the uber helpful potassium. You can use any kind of frozen berries you like and enjoy a variety of healthy benefits. We used blueberries because they look so pretty, taste so great, and pack antioxidants up the wazoo. And we can always use more antioxidants -couldn’t you??? 😉
Ginger is included in this queen of healthy smoothie recipes -so your digestion should be pleased with that. And Greek yogurt thickens things up in this superfood smoothie -not to mention adding a protein punch. A little green tea and some pomegranate juice bring even more antioxidants to the party -and frankly, what more could you ask for?
One smoothie and seven super foods. Drink up and reap the rewards!
- 1 cup baby spinach loosely packed (organic)
- 1 banana frozen, slice before freezing
- 1 cup berries frozen, unsweetened (blueberries were used in the photo)
- ginger root fresh, 1/2-inch slice
- 1/2 cup kefir plain, low fat, or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chilled green tea unsweetened, home brewed is best
- 1/2 cup pure pomegranate juice
- 1 cup ice crushed
- Toss all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. The blender will be filled to the top with loads of superfoods, so be sure the lid is on securely before blending. It will take a minute or so for all the ingredients to blend completely.
- For a thinner smoothie, add more green tea.
- Enjoy and reap the benefits!!!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms