Have you only ever dreamed that a sweet treat could also be good for you? Well, our Superfood Chocolate Bark is making that dream a reality! Dark chocolate, almonds, dried blueberries and cranberries, and coconut oil combine to pack a superfood punch that is as good for you as it tastes! Best of all, it’s incredibly quick and easy to make!
You can make up a batch to share with family and friends, or just keep it all to yourself when you need a little (or a lot of) something sweet.
Yields: 16 servings | Serving Size: about 1 ounce | Calories: 185 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0 | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 3mg | Carbohdyrates: 22g | Fiber: 2 | Sugar: 18g | Protein: 2g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 1 pound dark chocolate or 16 ounces dark chocolate morsels (we like Enjoy Life)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler or over low heat in a heavy saucepan. Once melted, quickly whisk in coconut oil, dried blueberries, dried cranberries, and chopped almonds. Pour into prepared cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Allow to cool, place in refrigerator to harden as soon as the bark is almost set. When solid, break into large chunks and store in air tight container.
- OPTION: dried blueberries, cranberries, and almonds can be replaced with any favorite superfood!
Tried it and loved it? Please share your feedback in the comments!