Change up the typical quesadilla!
Love quesadillas but hate the empty calories? Try these sweet potato quesadillas made with black beans, corn, and goat cheese for a healthy alternative. Whole wheat tortillas add fiber, while a hint of lime adds flavor. They make an easy meal that is filling, healthy, and satisfying.
Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/2 sweet potato grated
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup black beans cooked
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas
- salsa for serving
- sour cream for serving
- salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the green onions and sweet potatoes. Cook until soft, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the corn, black beans, and lime juice. Remove from pan.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan, followed by a tortilla. Put the sweet potato mixture on the tortilla, add the goat cheese, and top with the second tortilla. Press down lightly so that cheese melts slightly.
- Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook until both sides are lightly browned. Serve with the salsa and sour cream.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Like what you see? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter.
Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.