A must for any holiday gathering.
This silky-smooth Sweet Potato Casserole is a must for any holiday gathering. The sweet flavor of pecan pie sparkles in every decadent bite. Who knew the taste of Thanksgiving dessert could be packed into a guilt-free, ultra-nutritious dinner dish?
Our casserole uses 100% wholesome ingredients, including superfoods like vitamin-rich sweet potatoes and rolled oats. Honey, pecans, and oats combine to form a sticky-sweet crumble topping with a syrupy crunch your taste buds will adore. We guarantee this casserole will be a crowd favorite at your next holiday feast – just make sure your guests don’t gobble it up before you can serve yourself!
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats (old-fashioned)
- 2 cups pecans finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey divided
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke holes in the sweet potatoes with the tines of a fork. Roast sweet potatoes for 30 minutes, directly on the oven rack or on a baking sheet until soft and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, while sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare the crumble: Add oats to a blender. Blend on high until a coarse oat flour is created. Add to a bowl. Add pecans, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup honey, and 1/2 tablespoon oil and stir. Reduce heat to 375 degrees (when the casserole is assembled, the dish will go back into the oven). Allow sweet potatoes to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the sweet potatoes, discard the skins, and put the potatoes in a bowl. Add milk, vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons honey to sweet potatoes. Mash.
- Put the mashed sweet potatoes in an 8 x 8-inch baking dish or a casserole dish. Add the crumble in an even layer on top. Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes until the crumble has hardened and browned on top. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What would you like to see on the site? Let us know! We love hearing from our readers.