Fresh, clean ingredients come together in a remarkable blend of flavors and textures.
Salad is an easy healthy lunch to pack, but it’s not always filling enough. Grain salads are just as easy, just as healthy, and more filling. Quinoa makes a hearty salad base that will help give you the energy you need to get through your day. It’s also a serious superfood. It’s a great source of vegetarian protein, and is also full of fiber, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties.
We have lots of quinoa salad recipes on Skinny Ms, but this sweet potato quinoa salad with walnuts and raisins is one of the tastiest. Tangy onions, rich sweet potatoes, crunchy walnuts, and sweet raisins come together in a remarkable blend of flavors and textures. This delicious salad requires some prep work, but you can make a few batches at a time and enjoy it throughout the week. Trust us – you’ll like it so much that you’ll be glad you made extra servings!
Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad with Walnuts and Raisins
- 1 sweet potato large, peeled and cut into medium cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 red onion small, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon dark balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the diced sweet potato in 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread onto a baking sheet in one even layer. Roast for approximately 1 hour, or until potatoes are soft and beginning to brown. Remove from oven, dust with cinnamon and cool completely.
- While potatoes are cooling, toss together quinoa, arugula, onion, walnuts and raisins. Top with cooled potatoes. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.